August 26, 2015

Goodbye, Home and Gardens

Dear readers,

My home and gardens, featured in this blog, are now in the hands of a wonderful family with children and dogs.

The years spent here with my husband were incredible. We loved our neighborhood, our home and the gardens. After "The Musician" passed away from brain cancer, it was time for me to move on. I spent a year here without him and it was bittersweet.

I'm currently renovating a much smaller house, built in 1939.  It's a project! There are still months to go to completion and I'll have new garden opportunities on the established half acre lot.

Thank you for reading my blog. I'll keep it alive for reference purposes on the many plants that I grew over the years. Thank you, garden bloggers. I've met many of you in person and consider many others as friends as we still engage in other social media.

Here are a few last photos of the garden in 2015.

The cottage garden


Nigella, a favorite grown from seed

The deer resistant garden


Words and photos by Freda Cameron, Defining Your Home, Garden and Travel. Deer and rabbit resistance varies based upon the animal population and availability of food. All company or product or patented names mentioned are registered trademarks, copyrights, or patents owned by those respective companies or persons.
Freelance travel writer. My current fiction writing projects include a completed manuscript and several works in progress.

By the way, my name is pronounced fred-ah, not freed-ah. Thank you.

Subscribe Now:

Followers

Click Pic for Travel Stories

Click Pic for Travel Stories
Paris, France; September 2013

The Musician. My late husband

The Musician. My late husband
Paris 2011